The "Estonia" was built as the "Czar" for the Russian American Line by Barclay, Curle & Co.Ltd, Glasgow in 1912. She was 6503 gross ton vessel, length 425ft x beam 53.2ft, two funnels, two masts, twin screw and a speed of 15 knots. There was accommodation for 30-1st, 260-2nd and 1,086-3rd class passengers. Launched on 3/23/1912 as the "Czar" for the Russian American Line, she was chartered to Cunard in 1917, and in 1921 came under the control of the Baltic American Line who renamed her "Estonia". She commenced her first voyage for this company on 1/11/1921 when she left Glasgow for New York (arr. 1/23, dep.2/1), Danzig and Libau. On 2/23/1921 she sailed from Libau on her first voyage to Danzig, Boston and New York. In Feb.1925 she was rebuilt to carry 290-cabin class and 500-3rd class passengers and in March 1926 rebuilt again to accommodate 110-cabin, 180-tourist and 500-3rd class passengers. On 3/31/1930 she left Danzig on her last trip to Copenhagen, Halifax and New York and was then sold to the Gdynia America Line of Poland who renamed her "Pulaski" and ran her on their New York and South America services. She was scrapped at Blyth in 1949. [North Atlantic Seaway by N.R.P.Bonsor, vol.4, p1511]. There is an excellent photograph of this ship in North Atlantic Seaway , vol.4.
[ Abraham Noar Branch ] [ Abraham's Children ] [ Homepage ]
[ English Noars ] [ Estonia ] [ Find a Noar ] [ Hillel's Origin ]
[ Isaac Noar Branch ] [ Leizer's Children ] [ Murder of Toiba & Rachel Noar ]
[Noar Patents} [ Origin of the Name Noar ] [ Other Noars ] [ Ponary Forest ]
[ Solomon Noar Branch ] [ Start With Hillel ] [ Story of the Vilna Ghetto ]
[ Yudel Noar Branch ]